Ashby Lumber Concord Employees,
Please be advised that this afternoon, July 23, 2020, Ashby Lumber was notified that an employee in the Sales Department tested positive for COVID-19. We are not able to identify the employee who tested positive for the virus due to privacy laws however, we can confirm that this employee last worked on July 15th, 2020. As an immediate response to protect the health and safety of our workforce we have identified all employees that have worked in close proximity OR shared a common workspace with the infected employee. Those employees have already been contacted directly.
We are also taking the following steps:
• Contacting and working with the Contra Costa Health Department for guidance on additional infection control measures and testing.
• Additional disinfecting and sanitizing of workstations.
We ask that you continue to abide by the following federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to protect your health and those around you:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Follow all recommendations provided by the CDC here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html.
If you or someone in your household exhibit COVID-19 related symptoms, please stay home and notify your Supervisor or Human Resources so that we may track any potential outbreaks within our company. All personal information will be maintained confidentially.
Your health and safety are our priority. We want to reassure you that, unless you have been notified directly by a member of Management, it is not believed that you have been in close contact with or shared a common workspace with the infected employee.
If you have any questions, please contact James Wiley or Human Resources. We understand these are trying times and will continue to work through this together.
The Management Team